Monday, September 8, 2008

Chocolate Sheet cake!



Today I was feeling blue and so I wanted to make Chocolate cake for reliveing my stress...I read somewhere that chocolates are one of the best stress busters.And moreover I'm into serious chocolate addiction these days and eating lots of chocolates..
My sistor was also urging me to make the Pioneer Woman's Chocolate cake since last week!
And I have never tasted a chocolate cake like this one.PW's Chocolate sheet cake is the best..They are extremely moist and delectable..And the frosting is so perfect for this cake..
I owe her a lot for sharing the recipe through her blog..




I mixed together 1 cup All purpose flour/Maida and 1 cup Castor sugar in a large mixing bowl..



Melted 1 stick butter(approx 50 gms) and added 2 tablespoon of cocoa powder..Then I added 1/2 cup of boiling water and removed from fire in just 30 seconds..Then poured the chocolate mixture over the flour/sugar and allowed it to cool..




I whisked together 1/2 cup buttermilk,1 egg,1 tablespoon vanilla extract and 1/2 tsp baking soda..
Then poured this mixture over the flour/Sugar/Chocolate sauce..




I combined them well with a spatula..



Poured the mixture in a non-stick baking sheet..Popped it into a 250C preheated oven and baked for exactly 20 mins..




While the cake is baking,I prepared the frosting..
Again I melted 1 stick butter(approx 50 gms) .Added 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and 1 cup of icing sugar..Then I added 3 tablespoons of milk and removed from fire in 2 mins..
PW used Pecans.I don't have pecans so I chopped 10 almonds finely and added to this frosting..



After 20 mins,I removed the cake from oven.I inserted a toothpick in the center of the cake ..They came out clean.So I assumed the cake is baked to perfection..



Then I poured the frosting over the warm cake as said by PW ..Spread them evenly with a spatula...


Impatienly I scooped out a big chunk of this delicious cake and relished them..

1 comment:

  1. hi madhu,Your posts are always a visual treat,How gorgeous and simple! Nice presentation!like you, :)gud keep it up

    ReplyDelete