Monday, December 8, 2008

Chilly Bread


When I started to learn cooking during my school days,I often try to create dishes that uses bread.Chilly bread is my first loved-by-all recipe.Every friend of mine loves this dish.Each weekend they ask me to make this for them.Its very easy and could be prepared in less than 15 mins.And I bet ,you can't stop eating this.This is such a crowd pleaser and one can make them in large amount and include it as starter in parties..
I made this innumerous time and it never failed me once.What Im going to show u now is my own style of making Chilly Bread.One can make it with whatever variations they want.
You can call it as 'Bread Uppma'..but since i made it spicer,I named it 'CHILLY BREAD'




You will need:

1 loaf of bread ,sliced

2 Onions ,finely chopped

4 Tomatoes, finely chopped

2 Green chilly ,finely chopped

1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste

2 tablespoon tomato Ketchup

1 teaspoon Chilly powder

1/2 teaspoon garam masala

A pinch of turmeric powder

Salt to taste





Cut the bread slices to 1 inch cubes.Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan.Add the bread cubes and toss them.They must get light brown in color  and bit crispy.




In the same frying pan,heat 2 tablespoon of oil and add the onions and chilly.Fry for a couple of mins.Add the tomatoes and ginger-garlic paste and fry for another couple of mins.
Add the turmeric,chilly power and garam masala.Add required salt.Give it a nice stir.Cover and cook for 3-4 mins.




Add the Ketchup and mix well.Make sure that its not too saucey.Otherwise the bread may get soggy.Add the fried bread chunks and toss to get it all coated with the tomato-onion masala.

Garnish with coriander  leaves and serve!




This is my entry to Recipes for the rest of us  event hosted by Ramki of One page Cookbooks

3 comments:

  1. A real Good one.
    Will be spicy.
    Seems like posted exactly for me !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u.Try it..Im sure u will like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very tasty!.Thank you so much for the recipe!:)

    ReplyDelete