Friday, December 5, 2008

French Toast






Many of my friends are busy working professionals.Whenever they talk about my blog,they usually ask me to post a recipe that is easy and quick.So Im going to post some easy and quick recipes for this week.These recipes doesn't demand unheard ingredients.One can make these anytime they want as most of the things needed for the recipe would be available in ur kitchen pantry.Today's recipe is a very common and popular breakfast dish.This dish can be made in less than 5 mins.Its a combo of omelette and bread,popularly called as 'French Toast'.French toast can be made as 'sweet' or 'savoury' .

Its also known as 'Bombay Toast' ,'Eggy bread' etc.Name it whatever,it tastes soo good.
French Toast (Sweet)

Break 2 eggs in a mixing bowl.

Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1/2 cup milk(do not use hot milk).Whisk...Whisk..Whisk..

Place a non-stick pan on medium heat.Dip a slice of bread in the egg mixture and place it on the pan.Drizzle few drops of oil.Cook until you get required color on either side.


Have it with a blob of butter or squirt some honey over each slice and eat!

French Toast(savoury)


Chop one small onion,one tomato and 1 green chilly.If coriander leaves are available,one can add that too.

Beat two eggs with 2 tablespoons of milk.Add required salt,pinch of garam masala.Add chopped onion,tomato and chilly.



Dip the bread in the mixture and toast on a skillet in medium heat.Use oil or butter for toasting.



I sprinkled a bit of cayenne pepper to spike it up!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, great recipe. I love french toast. Its one of my favourite egg recipes.

    Here is the doubt that I have. I was figuring out all the possible ways to cook eggs and to use them in other recipes. So, recently I just broke the shell poured it into warm water mixed it up and set the water to boil. It started to look murky like spoilt milk. That really got me worried. Eventually, it started to coagulate as the water boiled and I got something inbetween boiled egg and fried one.

    Well, it tasted good and I am stilll alive. So its not bad food but I still want to know if it is healthy(Safe).

    I also usually add a little bit of egg white in boiling soup to give a thready floating look in soups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Char,Thank you.
    what u tried to do with the egg is actually 'Poaching the egg'.It is competeley healthy.In fact ,eating the egg raw is considered 'the most healthy'.So don't worry.There is a good method for Poaching the egg.Bring the water to boil.Add required salt.and stir it up.When the water is in rolling boil.Break the egg .Do not stir it up.Remove the egg carefully with a slotted spoon.Sprinkle pepper and have them between two slices of bread.This is a very common English breakfast.
    It tastes more like a half boiled egg.
    I hope u got it clear :)Try it and let me know hw it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG ?!
    Whatever situation comes, she makes a recipe out of it !
    Well, She is an indispensable asset to this culinary world !

    About this French Toast,
    i cook a miniature version actually.
    I neither add onions nor sugar.
    Just i will break the egg, add a spoon of salt, dip the bread, toast it.
    And bingo ! B'fast over !
    Lemme try this out & tell u !
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vignesh,
    Thank you for the appraisal.Its infact too big a compliment for me :)
    Yeah,I make that simple salt and egg toast too.But I really love this 'sweet' french toast.Try it once.you will never regret :)

    ReplyDelete