Friday, April 10, 2009

Chocolate-Peanutbutter cookies & Muesli Cookies!

My internet connection was down for past few days.Got it fixed last night only.Forgive me,friends for the delay in commenting at your blogs.



These two cookies were made long time back and it was in draft to get posted.I think this is the right time to post them.Thanks to Srilekha for coming up with the wonderful theme-'Cookies'.I love cookies especially the one loaded with chocolate.I had a last batch of crunchy peanut butter in my fridge.I used them to make this chocolate-peanut butter cookies.It was great and I love the tiny peanut bits in it.I have no idea how I created the recipe and I just followed my instincts and got these lovely cookies.I baked them for a bit longer and it got  little dark .But there is no compromise in the taste.
The muesli cookie recipe was taken from thatslife.com.It turned out to be chewy,wholesome cookies.


Chocolate-Peanut butter Cookies :





You will need :

2 cups of All purpose flour/Maida
1/2 cup butter,melted
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup castor sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup Peanut butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips



Beat together sugar(castor and brown sugar),butter and oil.



Break in the egg and add vanilla essence .Beat well.



Sift salt,baking soda and flour.Add this flour to the egg/sugar mixture.Combine well.



Dump in the peanut butter and chocolate chips.Mix well .




Drop cookie dough using a tablespoon on to the baking tray giving 2 inch of spacing for each cookies.Bake in 250 C preheated oven for 20-25 mins.




(This one is taken with flash-on whereas the first picture is taken under sunlight without flash..hence the difference)

The cookie will be soft when removed from the oven.Once cooled down they become crunchy.Store in a air tight container.



Muesli Cookies :





You will need :

1 cup or 80g butter,at room temp
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla essence
3/4 cup maida/All purpose flour
1/4 baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 3/4 cup of muesli




Place the butter,sugar,eggwhites and vanilla essence into a bowl and beat with electric beaters until creamy.



Sift in the flour and cinnamon ,and mix with a wooden spoon.Add the toasted muesli and mix to combine.



Roll 2 teaspoons of the dough into a ball.Flatten slightly and place on prepared baking sheets.Repeat with remaining mixture.Bake in 250C preheated oven for 8-10 min or until golden.Allow cookies to cool on trays before storing.






Along with Chocolate-Peanut butter cookies & Muesli cookies,I'm also sending the following cookie recipes from my archives to EFM-Cookies event hosted by Srilekha,



My chocolate-Peanut butter cookies goes to Poornima's For the Love of Chocolate event.

Tried out the following recipes this week and they were just amazing..



Sriharivatsan's Cluster bean rice-A very unique rice with cluster beans and we liked the flavors of it.It was spicy and just right.I should try this rice with capsicum.Thanks,Sriharivatsan :)



Vishali's Cabbage stir fry-Loved this so much and I had it with rotis for dinner.I made it again for sandwich the next morning.Both were so good .Thanks ,Vishali :)



Deesha's Bread Poha-I found this recipe through google's search which is eventually at Deesha's place.The recipe is so simple and sounds very delicious so I tried it immediately.It tasted great..Thanks,Deesha :)


Have a great weekend!

55 comments:

  1. Cookies looks yummy...love the muesli cookies, healthy cookies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookies look delish Madhu dear....love them!

    Thank you for the Cabbage stir fry...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Madhu ...cookies r amzing :) and i liked that rice item too :) Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. both the cookies look so mouth-watering. Perfect cookies! You're so nice to try different recipes from other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muesli cookies sound fantastic! I love ur T & T version, the rice is tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Priya-Thank you.You are so quick.Try it..I'm sure you will love them :)

    Vishali-Thank you,dear.Loved your stir-fry soo muchh :)

    Mangala Bhat-Thank you.The rice was fabulous.Try that,dear :)

    Uma-Thank you!I have numerous recipes bookmarked..Should try more this week :)

    Cham-Thank you :) Try the cookies it was great..I too loved the rice it was superb.Make them someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow muesli cookies is such a great idea, had never thought of it .. shall bake a batch sometime .. Thanks for trying out bread poha, am glad that yu liked it

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful delicious cookies. the mueseli cookies will be an easy breakfast bar substitute for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. cookiesl ooks nice madhu..i like that beans rice too..i will give a try too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cookies look too good! Love the muesli one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the cookies - especially the muesli ones... very healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, the cookies are so awesome that I wanna grab them right away! :D
    Great you have tried others' recipes and posted too! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow.. looks delicious.. awesome & fantastic..

    ReplyDelete
  14. cookies looks yummy & tried dishes also looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cookies are yummmy..! Perfect for the events!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,
    Cookies look well baked and tasty. Perfect with a glass of milk. Tried and tasted recipes and superb...keep going! gud job!
    nice pictorially explained recipe.
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely cookies Madhu..thanks for all those steps..:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I bet Chocolate- peanut butter would be a great combo....Yummy cookies...

    ReplyDelete
  19. awesome cookies..looking yumm madhu...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both the cookies look yummy. Liked the tried recipes from other blogs too. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great looking!NIce to see the recipes u have tried from other bloggers:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. cookies looks so crisp and yummy nice color too each recipe you tried looks so yummmy great job

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice cookies and delicious food , enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Muesli cookies are healthy and great idea! All the cookies are yummy.I also like the cluster bean rice.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like peanut butter but never made cookies yet...Muesli Cookies looks so perfect,I made those cookies last week,healthiest cookies...

    ReplyDelete
  26. The muesli one is a brilliant idea I agree too..really enjoyed that one..healthy and yummy..would loe to try...both are great clicks too Madhu !!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks great Madhu! Muesli cookies are such a fantastic idea! & u call Me creative:-D

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow.. cookies r awesome..museli cookies sounds very interesting. never heard before.

    ReplyDelete
  29. First time here, recipes look ggod I liked your cookies so fresh and fluffy... yum...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow cookies look crunchy and yum. Recipes tried by you also look gr8!

    ReplyDelete
  31. cookies look yum,..specially museli one,..

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cookies look really great..... tempting so much... Well done Madhu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I want to come at eat at your home! Everything is so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Cookies look wonderful dear. Pictures and explanation are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I've never seen muesli in cookies, and it sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Cookies look yum! your tried and tasted recipes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Cookies look delicious dear..Tx for trying out Cluster Beans Rice..Glad u liked it..With capsicum too, it will be wonderful..My system got crashed last week, so could not visit ur blog immediately..Sorry for the delay buddy..take care..

    ReplyDelete
  38. Yummy cookies,I too love to dunk my cookies in milk.Good that you tried out so many dishes from other blogs,I have so many bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Even a savory girl such as I cannot resist the pairing of peanut butter and chocolate. All of your recipes are tempting indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  40. cookies looks delish , love peanut butter n chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wish u and family a prosperous and happy New Year dear.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Yummy cookies.. i particularly like the muesli one - must've been crunchy. Nice to see the recipes you've tried from the other blogs.. the cluster beans rice sounds very interesting and the bread poha - how tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I run every morning and I can tell you now that those muesli cookies would have given me the "will and the want to" to continue for another mile. These are all such delicious dishes and you are so sweet for apologizing for your delay in commenting on all of our blogs. You are the type of person that I would want in my circle of close friends!

    ReplyDelete
  44. love the idea of muesli cookies. they look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Lovely cookies...I find cookies so tempting that I eat a lot straight out of the oven

    ReplyDelete
  46. Do check the FIL part2 roundup dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. wow, those cookies look delicious! would love to grab a few :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. can i have aglass of chilled milk with some cookies plz? :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. madhu,chk my blog dear, something is waiting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hi Madhu, I have shared an award with you in my blog.. Pls accept it :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Cookies are really tempting and adding peanut is the delish way to make them :) thanks for sahring I want to try this :)

    ReplyDelete