Saturday, July 12, 2008

Chilly Mushroom..

Mushrooms are'nt the favourite of many.But I love them for their intense earthy flavour.They are succulent and can go well when tossed with crispy veggies..
Mushrooms are included very often in my cooking for their enormous nutritional benefits.They are fat free and protein-packed.Those who don't love them must try this chinese style 'Chilly Mushroom'

Chilly Mushroom...


Button mushrooms are washed thoroughly in runnning water and let it soak in water diluted with 1 teaspoon of lime juice for 5 mins ..(This makes sure that they are clean..)




You will need:
250 grams of Mushroom
1 large capsicum
1 medim onion
2 green chillies
1 teaspoon corn flour
2 teaspoon tomato ketchup
2 teaspoon soy sauce
2 cloves garlic
1 inch ginger
salt
oil
Slam the garlic with something heavy..so u can easily get rid of the outer cover of it.Chop them finely.Finely chop the ginger(No,shortcut for this!)

Dice the mushrooms as shown in figure...

Dice the capsicum as shown..



Dice the onion as shown..


Chop the green chillies finely..



Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil and toss the capsicum and onion for just 1 min in high flame and transfer them to a bowl..



Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil and add the mushroom .Add 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce and saute for 1-2 mins in high flame.Dont allow the mushroom to cook for a long time or they get mushy(remember,all veggies must be crisp..Its chinese!)


I recommend using 'Ching's Manchurian sauce' for all chinese side dishes ..It reduces half of ur work. ..But if u dont have this handy,follow my way as shown below..



Heat 1 teaspoon of oil.Add chillies,ginger -garlic mince saute for a minute..



Add the tomato sauce,soy sauce .Dissolve the corn flour in 2-3 teaspoon of water and add to the sauce mixture.Let it bubble.You will get a glazingly,thick sauce.At this stage add the sauted vegetables and mix them well and serve.



This pairs well with Chinese fried rice or noodles..

6 comments:

  1. Good Work, I will try this at my home, But mostly at my Home we make Mashroom-Mutter only.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Madhu whats new for today.. I Tried Your Breadizzaaa,, Its Amazing i liked it more then PIzza,, Its Good if nw itself you copyright this Name "Breadizzaaa" on your name because soon its gonna Rock the world.. with Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u..Thats great that you like it..Will post more innovative recipes soon..By the way let me know who you r..It would be a great help if u write below who u r..Its hard for me to guess who is it!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am one of your gr8 fan, who likes your recipes a lot, I think its enough for you to know myself. I have given you one Idea to Make somthing with Unriped Mango and Bread, Hope u will Innovate somthing gr8 with that, Once Again Best of Luck for your this wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks alot for cheering me..The mango and bread recipes are on its way!This could be shravan?!Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey this is easy and nice recipe. First time here, came here through google.
    Following you.

    http://rakshaskitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete