Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gobi manchurian~My all time favourite!



Is there anybody out there who dont love manchurians?
There is hardly any fast-food restaurants that dont have this dish in their menu card!
This Indo-Chinese dish has won the hearts of many people that it became an inevitable item on parties..
We have a restaurant here in Chidambaram where all the youths flock in to enjoy the gobi manchurians they make.Although it tastes good,I feel that they are too unhygienic.
So I decided to post the recipe here.You can make them at home and have them as much as you want!

I have divided the recipe in two parts to follow easily..



Part 1:
You will need:

1 small cauliflower( separted into small florets ,washed and boiled for a couple of mins)
1 teaspoon of soy sauce
1/2 cup corn flour
1/2 cup maida
1 teaspoon chilli powder
2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
2 small onions/scallions crushed
Oil for deep frying
salt to taste


Make the batter by mixing maida,corn flour,crushed onion,garlic-ginger paste,chilli powder,soy sauce and salt in a ribbon-flow consistency..



Before dipping the florets in the batter make sure that the florets are thoroughly drained..



Heat the oil to smoking point and deep fry them till golden brown and drain excess oil..

Part 2:




You will need:

1/2 cup capsicum -cubed
1/2 cup onion-cubed
1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
2 green chillie-chopped( or 1 teaspoon green chilli sauce)
2-3 teaspoon tomato sauce
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon corn flour
salt to taste
oil




Toss the capsicum and onion in a teaspoon of oil for a min..




Add the ginger-garlic paste,chillies and soy sauce and fry for a min..



Add the tomato sauce and stir well..If you want more gravy add 2-3 teaspoon of water and 1/2 teaspoon of corn flour to it and allow it to bubble for a min..
But I made it semi-dry version and so I didnt used corn flour..



Add the fried florets and toss well and remove from fire immediately.



Enjoy!!

8 comments:

  1. mouth water fotos...nice one.. Even I luvvv Gobi manchurian

    P.S: Do visit my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Dear, Its my Favourite Dish, How you came to know about this Madam..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Rajesh,
    Welcome to my blog..I hope you will try them..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ anonymous,
    Thank you...Do try and let me know how it tasted..

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi madhu,

    nice blog... i ve not seen a unique blog for cooking. UNIQUE!

    I really really love gobi manch.

    Ur patience and efforts are evident from the way in which u ve taken pics and added them too!

    it wud be nice, if someone cooks me this :)

    do visit www.shakyschronicle.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much..I keep posting more popular dishes soon..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, you make cooking look fun and best of all easy!! I will try this for sure!

    ReplyDelete