Thursday, August 21, 2008

Corn & Gobi in coconut milk gravy!



When I went to kuwait last year,my friend 'S' made Gobi-Corn gravy.I haven't tired this combo before but when I tasted that I screamed with joy.It was not only tasty but looking photogenic!The crimson red colour of her gravy was beautiful..I clicked a snap of it immediately and here its is..




Cauliflower is my all-time favourite vegetable.Cauliflower,made in any way ..I love it!
Corn -Hmmm..I love them bit more than cauliflower..
So now you don't have to ask me how much I love this dish..I made this for dinner and I finished 3/4th of it all by myself!
I tweaked S's original recipe.Her recipe didn't call for coconut milk!And I used very minimal amount of oil!


You will need:

1 cup cauliflower florets
1 cup corn kernel
1 large onion - grounded
2 tomatoes-pureed
1/2 cup thick coconut milk
1/2 tsp corn starch
1 bay leaf
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp garam masala
A pinch of turmeric powder
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
chopped coriander for garnishing




Heat oil in a skillet and add the cumin seeds and bay leaf.Allow to splutter.Add the garlic-ginger paste and onion paste.
Add turmeric powder,salt and chilli powder and fry till the oil separates..
Add the tomato puree and simmer for 5 mins.
Add the coconut milk and 1/2 tsp corn starch dissolved in water.


Add the florets and corn.Cover and cook for 6 -7 mins.Add water if required.
Add the garam masala and 1/2 tsp sugar and give a swirl.Cover and cook for 2 more mins.



Garnish with coriander leaves .Done!

3 comments:

  1. They are all colorful. Good. I like what I eat to look just as good as it tastes.

    Tip: For any cauliflower or potatoe recipes, boil it separately in a pot of water with a teaspoon of turmeric powder(for yellowish color) or kesari powder(for reddish color). The end product looks so great that its worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ,Char.Its very very true that what we eat must look appealing to our eyes.
    Great tip.Will use this next time.Seems you are a good cook too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for this wonderful recipe.

    ReplyDelete