Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mushroom Pulao


I have one omnivores friend who says mushroom is my favourite vegetable.When we enquire why so,he comments that mushroom is the only vegetable that tastes little closer to meat...
I don't know how much true it is but I too love mushrooms!
I like this pulao for its simplicity and this makes me feel I'm consuming the nutritious stuff...mushroomms!!
There are already numerous posts of Mushroom pulao available on the web ....and here comes my entry too!



You will need:

1 cup Basmati rice(soaked for an hour and drained)
2 cup Mushrooms (sliced)
1/2 cup capsicum(chopped)
1/4 cup Peas
1 onion(chopped)
2 green chillies (chopped)
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 inch cinnamon stick
2 cloves
A pinch of turmeric
1 tsp of oil
salt for taste
optional: roasted cashews



Heat oil and fry cinnamon,cumin seeds and cloves.Allow the cumin seeds to splutter.Add the onions,garlic-ginger paste,chillies and fry till the onions become transculent.
Add the peas,capsicum and mushroom.Fry for a couple of mins.


Add 2 cups of water.Bring to boil.Add the rice ,salt and turmeric.Cover and cook for 6-8 mins or until done!



4 comments:

  1. Very .. Very.. Very nice prepration... Keep it Up Madhu...

    ReplyDelete
  2. very yumme,asusual,very neat &gud presentation.mouth became wateryyyy,kkeep rockng: )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    You are doing a fantastic job.All your dishes are mouth watering.They give a clear picture and step by step approach to cooking.And I luv the way u present it.Keep up the good work.Its ppl like you who make me a good cook.Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi..Thanks,Sindhuja..
    Its a big honor for me :)

    ReplyDelete