Monday, March 23, 2009

Almond-Cashew-Choco Barfi!




I made this almond-cashew chocolate barfi few days ago and it was irresistably delicious.I will definitely make this again.I have to thank my Dad for giving me this idea of adding chocolate to almond-cashew barfi.Here goes the recipe..

You will need :

1/2 cup of Almonds
1/2 cup Cashew nuts
1/4-1/2 cup of milk 
1 cup Sugar
125 gm of semi-sweet chocolate bars
3 tbsp ghee + 1/4 tsp for greasing the tray



Add 1 cup of water to almonds and microwave for 3 mins.Cool and peel off the skin.
Soak the peeled off almonds and cashew in hot water for 30 mins.




Drain the excess water and grind the cashew n almonds together with milk to a paste.
Bring a vessel containing water to boil.Place a heat proof bowl over the boiling water.Put the chocolate bars in the heat proof bowl and allow them to melt.




In a heavy bottom vessel,melt 2 tbsp ghee and add the ground paste and sugar.Keep stirring in low flame until it starts to come together as single mass.




Add the remaining ghee and the molten chocolate.Stir well.




In a greased barfi/baking tray,spread the mixture and make it even n smooth(if the bakign tray is very large spread the mixture in one side of the tray with the thickness of around 1/2 inch).Let it cool for 5 mins .Apply some ghee on a knife and make squares/diamond and serve.






I'm sending this Almond-Cashew-Choco barfi to Let's go Nuts-Almonds event hosted by JZ which was conceptualized by Aquadaze


And also to For the Love of Chocolate event hosted by Poornima Nair.



Click-Wood

Thanks for everyone who helped me in choosing the picture for Click -Wood event.Many of you liked the pic 1(Coconut Pannacotta) and pic 3(Spice box) which I posted in my previous post..I really couldn't decide which one to choose.But later felt that pic 1 is bit dark n not so clear as pic 3.So I went for pic 3...I'm a beginner in photography but I'm so proud  taking part in this spectacular event hosted by  the Jugalbandits.This event further kindled my interest in photography and now I'm seriously into the business of taking good pictures :) All thanks to the Jugalbandits!

38 comments:

  1. Barfi looks delicious, marvellous..prefect for chocoholic like me Madhu...awesome work!!

    Prefect entry for Click WOod!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate burfi looks yummy, Tempting click..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious burfi.. Nice entry for Click.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy looking Burfi, great entry. Love the spice box, beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow ! madhumati ..awsome blog ..1st time here ..i am soo happy seeing all the perfect food photogrphs .and recipes.:) amazingly clicked :) love the spice ..wood box ..wow !
    ..if u have a sometime visit me :) Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Madhumati, the burfi sure looks delicious...its great that u posted step-by-step pics :-)

    the CLICK is beautiful as well...

    Thanks for sending the burfi to my event.. Expecting more entries from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for a beautiful click.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely entry for click and almond choco burfi too looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This burfi makes me forget my diet plan:) Click picture looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thnks for the lovely pictorial...barfis look so yum,.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barfi looks awesome! U got the right shape! Gr8 click!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dad had a great idea, nuts and chocolate go hand in hand :). What a great treat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely barfi with choco, U made a great choice for click!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wht a brilliant idea dear...looks mouthwatering...nice click...i loved the wooden bowl..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can imagine how irrestible it's gonna be.. all lovely things went in there.. That's a very pretty click.. love ur box:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The chocolate addition is a great touch - looks scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. barfi really look irresistible..barfi with chocolate..what cud be better than that..

    ReplyDelete
  18. thatz delicious. choco almond & cashews all in one, that got to be delish na

    ReplyDelete
  19. yum..!!They are the yummiest burfis I have seen..:) great pic of spice box..:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. mmm..cashew n almonds n chocolate...what more do i want to be in heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. mmhh Madhu send me a box full of them :D...for some reason i am unable to get feed from ur site even after subscribing....i missed it when posted :(...

    ReplyDelete
  22. chocolate and almonds and ghee and cashews - lip smacking delicious :)
    lovely entry for the click event :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. yummy burfi. it has all the good things in it...i'm drooling here :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. madhu, the choco-almond-cashew cake looks fabulous and irreristible.. will bookmark and try for sure.... not fair girl... to post such yummmyyyy pics.

    ReplyDelete
  25. omg , how delicious:) jsut what was on my mind

    -Meenal
    @Meenal's kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yummy chocolate burfi...adding chocolate to the plain burfi looks like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Big thanks to all of you for taking your time to comment here :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nuts and chocolate in a burfi seem like the ultimate fusion combination. Looks delicious.

    Also very happy to know the bread turned out good.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, nuts burfi looks so gud an tempting me to try out :)!!

    Ur masala wooden pot is very cute !!

    ReplyDelete
  30. what a barfi madhu...made me drooling. can i have some ;).

    ReplyDelete
  31. That's an amazing burfi Madhu. The pieces have come out perfect. Somehow I'm not confident trying Indian sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  32. First time to visit ur blog. Glad to participate click event. I love 3 spice box. I've not seen it anywhere. Can I know where u bought it? Good combination for Nuts and chocolate in a burfi.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Just replied ur comment in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I want to know more about this plz call me or msg me at 9448850894
    from Asif

    ReplyDelete
  35. Madhu, snaps r gud. But if you really want to add more spicyness to da pic, light n angle plays a role...if u can try n let da light fall on all sides of vessels/ dishes in the picture and take it at a req angle, dey wud luk awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I tried your sweet and came out very well. Thanks for the detail description.

    ReplyDelete