Friday, March 20, 2009

Coconut Pannacotta!


Pic 1



Pic 2

This is my first time to participate in Jugalbandi's Click  event.When they announced the theme as 'WOOD',I got very excited and the first thing that came in my mind was 'Coconut shell'..so I made a trip to our backyard and found some coconut shells..Then I tried to make its outer surface smooth by myself ..and got fed up with it very soon.So finally gave it to a carpenter and got it neatly trimed and varnished..
I made coconut pannacotta,an Italian dessert and moulded them in coconut shells ..When I was taking those pictures it was like around 6 .30pm and the lighting was dim.I was'nt quite satisfied with the pictures.
My sis and my cousins were impatiently waiting to finish up the dessert..So immediately after shooting,the shells went empty :(  



Pic 3

So the next day ,I took some pictures with this spice box.I bought this spice box in Munnar last year...


Pic 4

I took more than 100 pictures and couldn't able choose the best one.After so much of confusion ,I could pick up these 4 pictures as my fav..I would like to know which is the best among these 4 pics..So plz help me buddies!

I took the recipe for coconut pannacotta from taste.com ..and i tweaked it a bit..

You will need :

250 ml of fresh cream
250 ml of first-press coconut milk
1 cup of Sugar
2 tbspoon gelatine powder
1/2 cup hot water
1/2 cup grated coconut,toasted

Procedure :

1.In a saucepan,add coconut milk,cream and sugar..Keep stirring until the sugar dissolves in a medium heat.u
3.Add the gelatine to the hot water and whisk using a fork to dissolve completely.
4.Pour this gelatine to the coconut/cream mixture.Whisk to combine well.
5.Pour this mixture into 6 coconut shells/ramekins.Refrigirate for about 3 hours ,or until set.
6.Sprinkle the toasted coconut over the pannacotta and serve.

Other serving suggestion: You can also turn the pannacotta on a serving plate and serve it some seasonal fruits.

I tried the following three recipes this week:






I didn't have soy milk so I went ahead with cow's milk for making this Cocoa-banana shake.And also i replaced silken tofu with fresh cream.I loved this drink so much.Esp my sis who became a very a big fan of this shake.The combo of banana and cocoa is awesome!Thanks a lot ,Varsha.



Though there are many recipes I wanted try from Priya's blog,this one  really triggered me.I added some paneer cubes and skipped cheddar chesse for the filling.It was so tasty and we all loved it...Thank you,Priya :)




I never knew Archy has this yummy soya recipe at her blog until y'day.A very good friend of mine mailed me her recipe and told me that he tried it and it was simply superb.And he insisted me to try this.So I made it today and loved it so much.I also used this curry as stuffing to make a Calzone.This delicious curry has the perfect blend of tangy and spicy taste.I liked it so much...Thanks a lot ,Archy :)


Have a great Sunday!

33 comments:

  1. Your clicks are really good and the wooden spice box looks awesome. pannacotta with coconut must've been luscious. Will check out Archy's soya recipe... sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh..wow the first click really rocks..Reminded me of Amazon forests..hehe..did u got jungle to take the snap??:D..The pannacotta is just yumm..:)
    I loved the 2nd spice box pic too..Am hooked by it..Omg..how I wish to have one like tat..
    Thanks for trying out my drink Madhu..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pictures & the concepts are awesome Madhu! I would love some of that refreshing coconut pannacotta ina shell!! what an idea! I love your pretty little spice box too. 2 excellent clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coconut pannacotta looks amazing Madhu, i love the first picture, its too good, spice box is too cute...thanks for trying calzone Madhu, am happy dear..

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey that spice box is so pretty. love it. pannacotta looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely clicks esp loved the second picture! coconut pannacota must have been awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the recipes! oh..the spice box looks beautiful nice click!

    ReplyDelete
  8. pannacotta look mouth-watering. Excellent pics. Especially 1st and 4th one. First time here, you have a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would go with pict 3 , excellent wood carving, the spice box I wish I could own one! Coconut pannacotta sounds very exotic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lOVE the panacaotta, my vote goes to pic 3.

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmhhh Madhu.....nice snaps good photography....first snap is amazing....so as others...nice entry! good one

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coconut Pannacotta, wow great presentation Madhu..Loved it. And that spicebox is a cutie..Good luck with the click :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All amazing clicks Madhu..!! coconut pannacotta looks so yummy that i took one from the screen...drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I love the wooden spice box pics it is so beautiful. The recipes look so yummy too, gorgeous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love pic3. i love pic1 too, but i feel pic3 is brighter.

    coconut pannacotta sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh Last yr me too went to Munnar...why I never got the box ;)...inbtw I liked the 1st pic the most (others are mind blowing too)...all the dishes looks so gud and making me very hungry now :p

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely clicks madhu!
    even the recipes are awesome..sure gonna try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved all ur clicks,...;-)
    but one first one is awesomeand ya thanks for the coconut pancotta recipe,..;-)will give it a try someday,..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, kalakals Madhu...I love the spice box, looks amazing...Coconut Pannacotta is something new to me...Looks yumy tooo and i loved ur thokku tooo..

    Nice to know about u reading your meme dear..You are really tall..very young girl tooo...I thought u r married and having kids...Wrong conclusion!! ouch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. thatz just gorgeous Madhu .. the clicks are just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  21. Madhu...Before u, I should appreciate ur Carpenter!! It does'nt look like a coocnut shell.

    I like ur Spice Box very much, even pictures with spice box have come out well...

    ReplyDelete
  22. The first pic is beautifuuly presented..am not surprised why your cousins were impatient :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. the first looks gorgeous and excellent as the recipe is madhu!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a gorgeous spice bowl you have, looks beautiful. I love those containers. I love Pic 3.

    Coconut shell Panacotta is delicious too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. pannacotta looks delicious & lovely clicks

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks everyone for your lovely comments and helping me out in figuring the best picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. i just loved the idea of the pannacotta in a coconut shell!! great!! and loved the spice box too :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely clicks madhu.. you are rocking..! My favourite are pic1 and pic3..!

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow what a post. Really wonder how I missed it. I am thrilled to see ur snaps , that too with the forest background in which the desserts placed on a nice green coconut leaf. Lovely snap. (I like the first and secon snaps v much). u made that coconut shell cups urself (with some help), that sounds so creative dear. I always adore natural pieces v much. u r very patient (u r cousins too ha ha) to try 100 snaps. I would have had the dessert in one gulp:)
    Dessert looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  30. so creative! to put the pannacotta in the coconut shell :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey, nice click with coconut shell.. gud one..

    Thank you for try out soya chunks recipe.. glad u liked it !! They look so gud :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey, can you give me the details of the shop from where you brought the spice box?? My Email is vinaykumarg07@gmail.com. Looking forward for your mail

    ReplyDelete