Saturday, March 7, 2009

Watermelon Pudding!


Summer has begun in India.Watermelons are flooded in the market .I just bought one y'day from the market and settled down in making this lovely dessert .My sistor enjoyed it so much and asked me make this again..I hope you too will enjoy..

You will need :

2 cups of watermelon juice
1 cup of watermelon,cut into tiny cubes
1/2 tin sweetned condensed milk
10 gms China grass or 1 packet of rasberry jelly crystals



Wash and soak the china grass in half cup of warm water.
Add the china grass/jelly crystals to the watermelon juice .Heat the watermelon juice until the china grass/crystals gets completely dissolved..



Add the condensed milk and combine well..




Add the watermelon cubes to the mixture and stir gently to combine..




Pour the mixture into ramekins ..Refrigirate to set.Transfer the pudding on a serving dish..




Scoop out watermelon balls or carve out your desired shape from the watermelon.Serve with some fresh cream and the carved out watermelon shapes.





Sending this picture to Gayathri's Magnificient Click contest..

Im sending this pink dessert to FIC-Pink/Rose hosted by Priya which is orginally started by Sunshinemom

And also Im sending this decorated watermelon pudding to Food Fanatic's Garnishing Event 


For the past two days,I bookmarked so many recipes to try..but with available ingredients at hand ,I was tempted to try the following recipes:




I have never made Bhindi do pyaaz in this way.It tasted divine and I finished off the whole thing by myself :) 



Suma's CAM curry impressed me the moment I saw it..I have never tried this combo.Though ,its considered as a common subzi in North Indian homes ,for me its new.Loved it so much..



I discovered Jeena's blog y'day only and I got addicted to her blog..This egg curry made me drool..I had all the ingredients at hand so I made this for dinner..It tasted superb!

Thanks Dk,Suma and Jeena for posting your wonderful recipes..

I have bookmarked so many recipes from other blogs too..And I wanna try them all..Very soon I will try them and let you know!


Sweet Shama has passed me these lovely awards..Thanks a lot ,Shama for thinking of me..She has also tagged me for the me-me..I will do it very soon in my next post :)








Im passing the awards to all my blogging friends .I don't wanna miss out any name...All of you deserve these ..so plz feel free to pick them up :)

51 comments:

  1. my first visit to your blog..watermelon pudding looks like a perfect entry for the FIC-pink :) also, loved your orange cake with candied orange, will be trying it soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowow Madhu, watermelon pudding looks really gorgeous...thanks for sending to FIC...congrats on ur awards:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the pudding looks great and really pretty! What exactly is china grass though?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gal, I am gonna visit Chidmabarm if u show all this recipes! Very unique and hummy Madhu! We need to wait for summer! Congrats on ur awrds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. delicious pudding... it looks soo cool and inviting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh..looks awesome Madhu..Loved those cute hearts..wow..:)
    So nice of u try n put pics of others dishes..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. woww... what a pretty pudding?so creative and cute..good one madhu.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pudding and good presentation.
    Enjoy your awards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely post madhu,..wish u hppy holi,..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. enjoy ur awards dear....lovely different pudding...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome..........Drool worthy pics. Congrats on your awards dear. Watermelon Pudding looks scrummy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. water melon pudding seems so innovative and delicious dear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those little Watermelon hearts are the cut above the rest of the pudding! looks really Cute, I bet it tasted great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. that looks just lovely!! i jsut made juice out of a huge watermelon that i had..wish i had seen this a little earlier!! congrats on the awards!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks awesome! Well made and beautifully presented.. Bookmarked to try this summer...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Chandani,Welcome to my blog..Im glad that you visited :)

    Priya,thanks for hosting such a b'ful event.Its my pleasure to take part in it :)

    Thanks,Ranjani.China grass is nothing but agar-agar ,a seaweed derivative used in place of gelatin.

    Cham,do come here.I will be honored if you visit Chidambaram to taste my dishes :)

    Thanks ,Indhu for the lovely comment :)

    Thanks a lot,Varsha..You are very encouraging:)

    Mahimaa,thank you so much for the appreciation :)

    Jayasree,thanks a lot :)

    Racheal,thanks a lot :)

    Thanks ,Priyanka..Wish you too a happy holi :)

    Shama,Thanks so much :)

    Kitchen Flavors,Thanks,dear.Im glad that you like it :)


    AnuSriram,Thanks,dear.Do try it you will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey dear..i am really impressed with ur pudding..looks very creative...and thanks for trying my CAM subji...glad tht u loved it..hugs to u..

    ReplyDelete
  18. watermelon is my fav fruit. it looks beautiful.

    the bhindi made my mouth watered.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely presentaion..melon hearts look so cute...
    happy holi madhu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow wow wow never tried a pudding with watermelon looks simply superb will try this and tell you

    ReplyDelete
  21. watermelon pudding looks excellent!
    i want to have it now itself!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so very new to me,Have never seen this before.Looks so pretty (in pink) lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my my...what a lovely picture...colorful, very interesting recipe. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. First time here..lovely pudding..liked ur orange cake...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow!! this is so innovative.. yummy!! superb new recipe.. will sure give it a try! thanks for the recipe Madhu!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Making a pudding out of watermelon is such an unique idea.Look perfect,lovely and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow Madhu, watermelon pudding looks gorgeous...Seems easy to try also..U r really a good chef dear..Super super recipies panreenga...

    Sorry for my late comments as i was not well at all to sit in the system...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Pudding looks so gud..never had water melon pudding :)...nice entry for the event...Congrats on you award...Happy Holi

    ReplyDelete
  29. Excellent colourful delight Madhu! I admire your clicks and detailed explanations.. Good effort dear :)! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello madhumati,am new here..Loved the place..the pudding looks gorgeous to say...and step by step narration..interesting..Keep going friend.

    ReplyDelete
  31. nice yummy watermelon pudding Madhu....I just cant wait for summer to have them like anything....good cooling agent :).

    Congrats on the awards !! Enjoy..

    Cheers,
    Vishali

    ReplyDelete
  32. the watermelon pudding looks amazing. i dont know about chi na grass though.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Pudding looks so yummy. Nice idea of using cookie cutter to cut the melon's.

    Congrad's on ur award's!

    ReplyDelete
  34. all i can say is it is one of the most innovative recipes i have come across!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Pudding looks absolutely delicious ! First time here, u have a very nice space.
    congrats on your awards.

    ReplyDelete
  36. this is the first time i heard about watermelon pudding its looks soo good..watermelon is my fav fruit..

    ReplyDelete
  37. WOW! That's a gourmet dessert Madhu, great looking sweet. Good job. Enjoy the award! :))

    ReplyDelete
  38. Pudding looks like a work of art Madhu..Loved it:)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Absolutely loved your watermelon pudding, sounds yum ! Congrats on all your awards Madhu :-)

    ReplyDelete
  40. The pudding looks just amazing .. would love to try that out sometime. I love bhindi do pyaaza, tastes divine isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  41. watermelon pudding !! what an idea. beautiful..

    Madhu thank you so much for letting me know about the pizza. it feels best someone tries it out & tells me:-) hugs to u girl!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thanks buddies for the lovely comment..You guys made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks for stopping by, I am pleased to make your acquaintance!
    I love your watermelon dessert and always using cookie cutters!
    Hurry up summer!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. what a great way to use watermelon...pudding looks so pretty and I like the pretty melon hearts too.
    The dishes from other bloggers looks so tempting too - esp. the bhindi.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Watermelon in a pudding, never seen this and it looks very pretty. Those hearts are nice too.
    Congarts on all those awards.

    ReplyDelete
  46. What a pretty looking pudding that is! And I like your watermelon hearts too.:D

    ReplyDelete
  47. Lovely mouthwatering pudding..hats off to u madhu

    ReplyDelete
  48. watermelon pudding is such a pretty entry, especially with those cute little hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. It looks awesome!!!!!!!.

    ReplyDelete